Remember a time when you took an Arabic course and felt overwhelmed?
Or you badly wanted to take and continue an Arabic course but just couldn’t due to lack of motivation?
Part of learning a language successfully is that in addition to being motivated to start learning, one also needs to be motivated enough to remain steadfast upon learning.
Here’s where we at Arabic Untangled aim to untangle the knots for you!
You are from the ‘busy people’ if you are:
- An university student who is trying to balance between studies and deen
- A working professional who is trying to juggle between work, family and deen
‘Fundamentals of Arabic I’ is a course carefully designed for anyone who is looking to take their relationship with the Qur’ān to the next level.
The objectives of this course can be summarised as the following:
- To develop a strong relationship with Allāh سبحانه و تعالى by making learning a form of ‘Ibādah
- To teach the student over 35% of the Arabic language that is necessary to begin understanding the Qur’ān.
- To provide the student with foundational tools to understand the Qur’ān in Arabic
This course is not designed to teach conversational or writing skills
This course will cover a wide array of topics such as:
- The concept of isms (nouns etc…) in the Arabic language
- How to form and understand the most commonly found phrases in the Qur’ān such as رسول الله (Messenger of Allah). Trust me this topic alone will increase your Imān!
- Meanings of common words that are used in the Qur’ān (with a Juz’ ‘amma focus).
At the end of the course, the student would have, in shā’ Allāh, acquired the following skills:
- The ability to recognise the syntax of the Arabic language and understand its usages and applications
- The ability to start thinking in Arabic
- The ability to form short sentences
- The ability to begin understanding the Qur’ān in its own language!
Why take Fundamentals of Arabic with Arabic Untangled?
- Because you are a busy person wanting to improve your relationship with the Qur’ān
- Because you are sick and tired of other Arabic courses that have not fulfilled your expectations
Note: this course is offered for both brothers and sisters.
When: Every Saturday, 9am-11am starting from 13th January, 2018
Where: Social Sciences 006 (SS 006), University of Calgary
To learn about the course content click here
Sign up today!